LIM KIT SIANG SHOULD ASK PENANG OFFICIAL 1 TO STEP DOWN
Prime Minister’s Press Secretary statement
27th June 2017
1. Lim Kit Siang should ask his son Penang Official 1 to step down in lieu of his impending corruption case. Only then would people take Kit Siang’s demands of others seriously.
2. Kit Siang should also stop using other issues to divert from the Bank Negara forex scandal. Instead, he should reveal the wrongdoings by Mahathir Mohamad on this matter, which led to alleged losses of USD 10 billion of the people’s money. After decades of calling for a Royal Commission of Inquiry, Kit Siang’s new-found silence on this issue and his new alliance with his former jailor Mahathir – all for the sake of political expediency – exposes the nature of the man, his lack of principles and integrity, and his unquenchable thirst for power over Malaysia.
3. In this day and age the people have no respect for a dictator, whether self-confessed like Mahathir or dictators-in-denial like Kit Siang. Hence any statements by Kit Siang are self serving and cannot be trusted or believed.
4. Kit Siang should stop trying to hide that DAP has by far the most opposition seats, and therefore in reality calls the shots behind the scenes. As DAP is the clear opposition leader, Malaysians need to know who Kit Siang will nominate to be Prime Minister if the opposition wins the next general election. Kit Siang must come clean on his choice for PM, as it is the right of the people to know who they will be ruled by if they vote for the opposition.
5. A Kit Siang and DAP-led government would be a disaster for Malaysia and the people.
DATUK SERI TENGKU SARIFFUDDIN,
PRESS SECRETARY TO THE PRIME MINISTER